Opportunities for 15 Apprentices
30 May 2017
Fifteen apprenticeships are being created as part of ongoing plans to revitalise Bishop Auckland and offer increased training opportunities for the local community.
Each paid apprenticeship will be based at Auckland Castle Trust and will run for a minimum of 12 months, with additional training and support one day per week from Bishop Auckland College.
Applications for 14 of the roles are now open to all ages and backgrounds, with submissions closing on June 18 2017.
- Chairman’s Office Administrator – Receptionist Apprentice
- Community Engagement Apprentice
- Curatorial Administrator Apprentice
- Events Support Assistant Apprentice
- Facilities Administrator Apprentice
- Apprentice Engagement Assistant
- Apprentice Commercial Administrator
- Projects Administrator Apprentice
- Horticulture Apprentice (five vacancies)
- Health and Safety Apprentice
The remaining Visitor Experience apprenticeship will be recruited later this year.
The 15 new roles are among 60 apprenticeships being created by Auckland Castle Trust over the next three years as it works to transform Auckland Castle into an arts, faith and heritage destination of international significance in a £70m revitalisation scheme, supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
This latest round of recruitment will build on the ongoing partnership between the Trust and Bishop Auckland College, known as the Auckland Academy, which has already successfully delivered nine apprenticeships, including roles in Finance, Joinery, Marketing, Business Administration, Visitor Services and the gallery at No42 Market Place.